Terms and Conditions
- Kare4petz Adelaide and its employees agree to provide services stated in this contract in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives any and all claims against Kare4petz Adelaide or its employees, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of Kare4petz Adelaide. Client agrees to notify Kare4petz Adelaide of any concerns within 24 hours of returning home.
- Kare4petz Adelaide shall not be held responsible for pets that bite, suffer an accidental death or escape from faulty fencing or from inside the home due to faulty screens, doors, etc.
- Kare4petz Adelaide shall not be held responsible for any complications pets may suffer or actions of pets while they are unattended.
- Kare4petz Adelaide or its employees shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed Kare4petz Adelaide to allow outside while Kare4petz Adelaide is not there. This includes pets with doggie doors and outdoor pets. Kare4petz Adelaide reserves the right to move an outdoor pet to shelter in the event of extreme temperatures/weather. Kare4petz Adelaide is not responsible for damages/costs involved with this move.
- The client understands that all pets (where appropriate) must have a veterinarian and must be up to date on vaccinations. Client agrees to reimburse Kare4petz Adelaide for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care and lost wages) associated with contracting any ailments while exposed to pet(s).
- Kare4petz Adelaide will not sit for acutely ill animals or those with uncontrolled medical conditions. We suggest the pet be boarded with a vet.
- Kare4petz Adelaide does not accept aggressive animals. Client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care, attorney fees, etc) if client’s pet should bite another person or animal.
- Kare4petz Adelaide will not walk unruly or untrained dogs or dogs that choke themselves on their leash. All pets must be walked on a leash, no exceptions.
- Kare4petz Adelaide does not diagnose, prognose, or make therapy decisions, nor does it offer veterinary services. Any veterinary/medical concerns will be referred to a veterinarian.
- Client authorises Kare4petz Adelaide to obtain the services of a locksmith should a key/garage opener malfunction. Client is responsible for all charges.
- Job sharing is not covered under our insurance. We can not be responsible for your pet or home if another service provider, friend or family member enters your property while we are not there.
- Cancellations must be received within 3 days of scheduled visit or a cancellation fee of $30.00 will apply. Kare4petz Adelaide reserves the right to deny service or terminate service if job differs from original consult or if job poses safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations.
- In the event of personal emergency or illness of Kare4petz Adelaide carer, the client authorises Kare4petz Adelaide to arrange for another qualified carer to fulfil responsibilities as set forth on this agreement. In such case, Kare4petz Adelaide will remain fully responsible for the proper discharge of all services under this Agreement. Every attempt will be made to notify client regarding such situation.
- Business and visiting hours fall between the hours of 8am and 6pm and services are usually completed during this time unless we are behind schedule. Kare4petz Adelaide will not accept time specific calls as we can not guarantee specific times accurately. A three hour window is acceptable.
- Client agrees to authorise Kare4petz Adelaide to handle any emergencies that may arise. Kare4petz Adelaide will make every effort to contact the client, however client gives Kare4petz Adelaide authority to act in the pet’s/home’s best interest and be available at hourly rate of $30.
- In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Kare4petz Adelaide is entrusted to use best judgement in caring for pet(s) and home. Kare4petz Adelaide will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions. The inclement weather plan will be as follows: 1) Every effort will be made to drive to your home; 2) The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered due to circumstances; 3) If it is not possible to drive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified; 4) You will be notified that the above-mentioned contingency plan has been activated.
- Kare4petz Adelaide will remove the pets from their home to a safe location if it is deemed that there is a potential threat of injury or death to the animal.
- No booking is confirmed until it has been paid for in full. Payment is required prior to commencement of service. Kare4petz Adelaide preferred methods of payment are cash, EFT or credit card.
- Kare4petz Adelaide and the client may terminate the contract at any time by written notice to the other. Kare4petz Adelaide will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of the Client's pets.
- When watering inside plants, Kare4petz Adelaide is not liable for any damage to furniture or loss of plants resulting from any cause other than Kare4petz Adelaide not following the Client's directions.
- Kare4petz Adelaide is covered by public liability insurance
- Upon such scheduling and acceptance via the contract agreed to at the initial consult, Kare4petz Adelaide will be authorised to enter Client premises and perform services without additional signed contracts or written authorisation.